Armed Fulani herdsmen on Thursday held surrounding villages of Daffo Chiefdom, in Plateau's Bokkos LGA under siege after Wednesday's attack that left four dead and several others wounded.

According to an official source, the armed men numbering about 200 appeared from the mountains firing gunshots when the Police Commissioner, Aide Undie went to visit the affected village along with some government officials.

According to the source, the Police Commissioner who did not go to the village with enough security backup was forced to leave the village when the gunshots persisted.

"He left us there but we had to be there partly because they are our people and if they die, we die with them," the source said.

He revealed that one dead body was recovered with gunshot injuries while another, a woman was found unconscious with machete cuts on that Thursday.

Another source, an ex government appointee who was at the Josho village on Thursday however said he did not witness the said fleeing of the CP but confirmed there were gunshots.

He said, "When we got there, the Police Commissioner had left but it is true there were gunshots much later after the military searched the stream and found the dead body of one Makundias Book with bullet wounds which was deposited the mortuary.

Another source, a journalist and lead stakeholder in the Christian Association of Nigeria said "I was there live and I witnessed it all," but however did not give details.

Responding however, the Police Public Relations Officer for Plateau State, Matthias Terna said, "The CP was in Daffo on Thursday with some other government officials for on the spot assessment. 

"He came back on that same day for Officer's Conference. 

"No exchange of fire, no intimidation, no harassment."

Meanwhile, about 48 houses and five vehicles were reportedly burnt down by suspected Fulani armed men, with a total of five people killed between Wednesday and Thursday in the Josho, Daffo village.

Officials put the number of those injured at five but the Village Head of Daffo, Da Dauda Maren said over 10 people were injured in the attacks.

The STF is said to have taken over the affected area and normalcy is gradually returning.