Barely three weeks after a raid by the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad (FSARS) in Zawang, leading to the death of one and wounding of two, a retired Traffic Warden has been murdered in same community.

The Warden identified as Daniel Mallo, 58 was brutalized to death and was found in the pool of his blood yesterday, Samuel Shamang, his neighbour said.

Mr. Shamang who was tenant to the deceased said the attack took place at about 1am, Thursday morning, few hours after he (victim) returned from a trip.

"I heard strange noises, then a sound suggesting a struggle followed and I could hear the sound of besting.

"He was shouting and wailing but I couldn't go out because I was afraid. I told my wife it must be robbers or assassins.

"They battered him till he gave up the ghost and was found lying in the pool of his blood at about 5am," Shamang told reporters.

Police Public Relations Officer, Plateau State Command, Tyopev Terna confirmed the incident saying investigations had commenced into the case.

He said, "On the 15/02 /2018 at about 0600hrs, the Bukuru Police Division received a report that at about 0300hrs one retired Assistant Superintendent of Traffic who last served in A Division in Metro Area Command was attacked in his residence at Dorowa in Jos South local government area in Plateau State.

"He mobilised his people to the scene of the crime and on arrival he found the AST in the pool of his own blood.

"He was immediately taken to OLA Hospital Zawan where he was confirmed dead by the doctor on duty. Investigation is on to track down and arrest the perpetrators of this dastardly act."

Last week in the same community, a group of youths were reported to have invaded the Zawang College of Health in violent protests, destroying properties in student hostels and wounding few.

The incident took place after a member of the community was caught stealing valuables from the hostels on a Sunday morning after breaking in, and was brutalized by the students.

According to the Plateau Police spokesperson, Tyopev Terna, arrests have been made in connection to the attack.

He said, "There was a misunderstanding in the College of Health Zawan but the situation is under control now.

"Suspects were arrested and they are being investigated."

The college is however said to have shutdown indefinitely since the incident.