Nigeria's House of Reps member, Istifanus Gyang has cried for help for his people facing violent attacks by suspected Fulani herdsmen in Barkin Ladi Local Government Area.

More than 200 corpses are said to have been recovered so far from different locations in the locality.

Sources in the Special Task Force search and rescue team deployed to the affected villages, Sunday morning however say the figure is just slightly above 70.

Police authorities who had placed the death toll at 11 have reportedly returned to say 86 people were killed.

Viewpoint Nigeria placed the figure at 106 as of noon while an unnamed source puts it slightly above 160.

A source who claimed to have participated in the search for the corpses however said in all, 216 corpses were recovered and deposited at different mortuaries in Jos.

The Member representing Barkin Ladi/Riyom Federal Constituency at the Nigerian House of Reps in a social SOS described the attacks as "Painful holocaust, ethnic cleansing and genocidal killing of my people under the watch of a government that has abdicated its primary constitutional responsibility of safeguarding lives of law abiding citizens."

He was still to issue details of the attacks as according to him, the casualty figure was still "unfolding".

Meanwhile, Gov. Simon Lalong of Plateau State has appealed for calm after an on-the-spot assessment of some areas affected by the "disturbances."

Gov Lalong in a statement by his state commissioner for information, Yakubu Dati further called on the citizens to observe the dusk to dawn curfew imposed on Jos South, Riyom and B/Ladi LGAs.

The Governor had announced a curfew on the localities in a statement through his Secretary to the State Government, Rufus Bature.